<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Nothing New

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nothing New

I'm at the end of my third week of not doing anything.

At first, I loved the break from school. No stress. No reason to get up at 6am. No homework. Just me, my dog, the TV and a good book. But I'm running out of shows to watch. My Tivo was impossibly full when I started. I thought I would never catch up, but now, I'm out of shows to watch. Everything new that is recording is a rerun that I have seen before. And, as for having no reason to get out of bed? It's really hard to get out of bed when you have no reason. If I didn't have to feed my dog breakfast, I probably wouldn't get out of bed at all.

I'm on a new kick. I work out Sunday, Tues, Thurs. I shower every morning, even if I have no place to be. I wash my face every night and, now, I floss too. I was a shower every other day kinda girl for a long time. I never worked out (even though I love to, I'm also secretly lazy) and forget about flossing my teeth.

Just after I got married, I developed acne. Well, I've always had a touch of it, but it came and went without much effort on my part. Now, my skin is horrible. Nothing I do seems to help. It got so bad that I was embarrassed to leave the house for a while. I'm trying to get it under control without having to go to a dermatologist. So, I have a nightly skin ritual that takes about a half hour. We'll see if it works. I think my skin is getting better, but it's hard to tell with all the redness and marks left from my last breakout. Nothing like adult onset acne (sarcastic grunt).

So now I have a new routine. I'm hoping it keeps me busy. I'm running out of things to do. My weeks seem to be full, but with a whole lot of nothing.

I did run some errands today. I have a filling that fell out a few months back and have had to have it fixed three times. Today was the third time. I was flossing on Monday and the floss caught an edge and popped off the corner of the filling. So I had to go get it fixed... again. I also had to get my wedding rings resized. I used to be a size 5. I know, it's pretty small. But I gained weight after we got married. I call it contentment weight. I was content, so I ate more and put on weight. Not to mention my husband eats like a horse and never gains and ounce. So I was always eating with him and, next thing I knew, I was 30 pounds heavier. So I went up to a size 6 in my wedding rings. But I have since lost 20 of those pounds and now my rings fall off. I wore them for a few months like that, but it was time to go in and get them resized. It feels weird to not wear them.

For the first few months of marriage, I never wore my rings. I took them off and forgot to put them back on. I couldn't wear my engagement ring to work, so I never wore that, it just became habit to have them in the bathroom. But now, I wear them all the time and feel naked without them.

So that's where I'm at. Nothing new. I'm starting to get bored, just like I thought I would. It was so fun at first, to have nothing to do. How many adults can say that? No responsibility. No commitments. A life of leisure. But it's starting to get old. I need something to do. I'm not ready to go back to school, but I really need to fill my time.

Anyone know any good books? Maybe I can spend the next month or so reading. We'll see.

2 Comments:

OpenID michellehankins said...

I have a book to recommend. Time Travelers Wife. The movie will be released next week but as most movies do, I am sure it will not bring justice to the book. I have had this book about three years and have read it three times! Loved it each time!!!

I have four kids, senior, sophomore, 2nd and Kindergarten. They all went back to school this week - first time in 17 years not having a kid home with me - I have found myself bored to this week.

Have you thought of volunteering with a non-profit? I run a non-profit for teen moms and I alway need a volunteer or two.

Hope you have a good day!

August 7, 2009 at 4:25 AM  
Blogger Samantha the ArmyWife said...

I loved the Twilight Series.... Couldn't put it down. When I started getting restless (after not working) I started hitting the gym. That takes up a good few hours (Driving time, working out, then showering ect..). I also clean my house constantly. Then I watch General Hospital and my day is pretty much shot! :) It works for me...
Take up a hobby. Take cooking or baking classes? I know that Hobby Lobby has cake decorating classes maybe I'm the only 24 year old at all interested in that? HA haaa

August 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home