<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: No Food

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

No Food

I still have yet to go grocery shopping, but as the week has worn on, my list of food has dwindled.

I have pasta, I have cup o noodle, I have top ramen. Are you seeing the trend here? I ate the bacon and my last egg. I'm down to pancakes, noodles, and soup. The cherries are gone. I still have chicken strips, but ugh, I don't really want to eat them. They weren't that good. But I have sworn to eat everything in my house. I have told everyone I am doing this.

My husband had his doubts. He eluded that I would give in and go buy food when it came down to it. And me, being me, am determined to prove him wrong. Even if it means I eat Top Ramen for nine days straight (which is how much Top Ramen I have left). I hate to be told I can't do something. I am so stubborn. And now, I have to prove him wrong. But GOD! am I bored with my food choices.

I have eaten cup a noodle soup for lunch for the last four days. I have eaten pancakes for dinner. I am quickly running out of choices of things to eat. I ate my can of corn, I have no veggies left. Much to my surprise, I found a second piece of chicken frozen to the back of the one piece I had, so I do have meat left. I have one can of fruit. After that, I will be living on various from of carbs.

It's to the point, that I just don't want to eat. I don't have much of an appetite anyway. During school, I lived on yogurt, so my stomach can't hold much anyway. But, right now, I need to plan dinner. I don't want to eat the last of my good food and have nothing to vary my diet with later, but I can't stomach the idea of having cup a noodle for lunch and Top Ramen for dinner. They are basically the same thing! ARRHHHGGG!

I knew this would be hard when I started. But I never though it would cause me to want to give up eating. Nothing I own sounds good. And I swear, it wouldn't kill me to skip dinner, but that would only cause my food to last longer. If I start skipping meals, that will mean I have to do this for a longer period of time. I just don't think I can.

Boy, would I kill for a hamburger about now. Or something fried. I really want some yogurt to have with my lunch, maybe with a little fresh fruit. Wouldn't that be lovely?

But cup a noodle soup is good too... I guess. (unsatisfied grunt)

I'm starting to feel like I'm on a mission assigned by a crazy person. Can it be done? Can I really eat everything in the house? Can I really live on Top Ramen for nine days? I'm starting to feel depressed about that. I will be that sad, lonely woman, whose only friend is her dog, eating Top Ramen for every meal.

But, damn it!, I'm too stubborn to give in. I can't let my husband know that I couldn't make it. I have to win, at any cost!

And if it comes down to it... I will eat the damned Top Ramen for every meal, for nine days. And as my reward, when it's all said and done, I'm buying a tub of ice cream and something deep fried and eating that for as many days as it will last!

Here's my wish list of foods that I will buy when this is all said and done:

Yogurt of any flavor, but especially Boston Cream Pie.
Ice Cream, preferably extra creamy, a flavor that will go good with carmel sauce.
Pizza, something with tomatoes.
Pizza Rolls
Fresh veggies, maybe broccoli or green beans
Fresh fruit- peaches or cherries... oh and some grapes (assuming any of them are still in season)
A big bag of premixed salad (oh what I wouldn't give to have salad for dinner right now)
Candy- something gummy and fruity. Like a Charleston Chew. Or Sour Straws


Oh, yeah! I think that wish list will keep me going for another couple of weeks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

you are a freaking rockstar!!! GO GO GO!!

haha by the end of this you are going to look at your cup of noodles and all you will see is a cheeseburger!

There is an end in sight, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

August 23, 2009 at 6:26 PM  
OpenID michellehankins said...

I seriously think that if I lived in Seattle I would come get you and take you to lunch!

Keep up the good work! I am cheer for you all the way in Georgia!

August 23, 2009 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I seriously think that if I lived in Seattle I would come get you and take you to lunch!

Keep up the good work! I am cheer for you all the way in Georgia!

August 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM  
Blogger Shaina said...

Wow...this is amazing! I have so much food laying around and in the pantry, I'm starting to think I should try this too.

August 24, 2009 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger SLJ said...

This challenge you gave yourself is amazing! It also makes me think of all the things we have in our home that we never eat... I think I may have to try and do this myself, although maybe not the the extent you have... I would never last!

August 25, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home