<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I'm awake

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm awake

It's almost 5 am and I'm wide awake.  I woke up at 3:30.  I had had just enough sleep that I couldn't fall back asleep, but not enough to feel rested.  I'm tired, but wide awake.  

I had the strangest dream... Well, maybe not the strangest, but pretty strange.  Once I woke up, I began thinking about it and wondering, "What the hell was that?"  And that pretty much put a stop on my going back to sleep.  

But since I'm up, I figure I will post.  Got nothing else to do but read.  So, today, I'm going to post a deployment review.

It is now almost four and a half months since my husband left the country. It is almost nine months since he left home and here's what has happened in the mean time:

I started school a few days after he left home.  I have since completed the first portion of school.  

I have read quite a few books, but most notably the Twilight series (yes, I too have gotten sucked into that) and the Uglies Series.  I have not completed the Uglies series because there is a backlog at the library, but it's a pretty interesting look at society and our views on what is beautiful, among other things (like is peace at all costs worth it?)

I have started and since stopped working out.  I was really good for a good while, but gave up last week.  It never fails that while I am working out, my husband calls.  So I have given up until I can predict his phone calls or he comes home.  

I have started walking my dog every other day.  She used to get walk rarely, just lots of play time in the house, but I decided to walk her more often.  So far, so good.

I have decided to eat everything in my house...  So far, this mission is going well.  Though, maybe not as fun as I thought it would be.  :)

So that's it.  I haven't gotten much accomplished in the four and a half months since my husband left and I really have gotten much done considering he's been gone for almost nine months.  But, I'm just not that motivated. 

On the job front, I had to turn both jobs I interview for down.  When I told my husband I was going to get a job, albeit part time, he told me no.  He wants me to focus on school and is worried that a job will detract from that.  He wants me to be able to get straight A's and is worried that trying to work, even just one or two days a week, is going to be too tough.  

It would have been nice to that extra income, but it would have made for some longs days, so I'm not arguing too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home