<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I broke down...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, August 31, 2009

I broke down...

I still haven't gone grocery shopping, though I really want to.  I told my husband that I was thinking of giving up and he told me not to.  He really encouraged me to stick with it.

The problem is this:  All I have left is soft food.  Mostly noodles of varying types.  Some soup, pancakes, mashed potatoes... You see the problem.  I needed texture.  So I broke down and bought a box of crackers.  I'm trying to tell myself that it is not failure. 

I used my own pocket money, I didn't used the grocery fund.  I was actually on my way to treat myself to some frozen yogurt (also out of my pocket money).  But the place wasn't open yet, I had ten minutes to kill.  It's right next to the grocery store, so I caved.  It was just too much temptation.  

No, I didn't go buy a ton of food, but part of me feels guilty that I bought the crackers.  Not guilty enough to take them back or not eat them.  They are delicious.  But, I did sorta break the rules.  But hey, that woman on CNN.com eats out once a week, so why can't I buy a $5 box of crackers?  

Please don't think less of me... I just really needed something crunchy.  I needed some texture to my food.  Plus, I have no snacks in the house.  It's hard to go six hours in between meals without eating....

I guess I'm just trying to justify my lapse of will power.  :)

But it's my last one.  No more buying food until it's all gone!

3 Comments:

OpenID michellehankins said...

I think it was a good purchase; it was for the greater good of the of case. Good Call! :-)

August 31, 2009 at 6:40 PM  
Blogger Krystel ( Mocha Wifey) said...

Hey we all have a moment.. It's ok!
It seems like you have done well so crackers can't hurt right lol!

I commend your will power.

August 31, 2009 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger SLJ said...

That is not failing or quitting! It it helps you keep up with your goal then it was a good purchase! You have actually inspired me to try and eat the things I have in my house, although I am not brave enough to go to your extreme.

September 1, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home