<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: How I'm doing

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

How I'm doing

Ok, I haven't been grocery shopping in over a week to a week and a half.

I have more than 20 things of Top Ramen left and a whole bunch of Cup-A- Noodles. I still have some random stuff in the fridge and a few cans of soup. I think I have enough food to last two more weeks, give or take. It will be boring. It will suck, but I know I can eat everything in the house. I'm dreading the point where all I have left is Top Ramen. That is gonna be a tough few days. At least I have a few different flavors.

I figured out that, with all this saving I'm trying to do, we will have one credit card almost totally paid off by the time my husband gets home. We will have made a dent in the other two. We should have a decent amount of money saved up and I can still afford my house keeper. That's really my only goal. Yeah, saving money is great, but I really need her to clean my bathrooms. LOL. So we will be well on our way.

There is a wicked rumor going around about an early return date. I don't believe it. It's definitely too good to be true. Coming home two months early is unheard of. If it happens, it will put a serious dent in how much I am planning on saving up, but boy would it be nice to shave two months off the deployment with no effort on my part. The command has been trying to squash this rumor for a month now, but it's persistent. There are even some high ranking officers passing it on. It's not just the Lance Corporal Underground spreading this one around. It's higher ups too. That makes it hard to ignore. At first, I really tried. I even had my husband supporting my skepticism, but now he is hearing it from some pretty high up there guys and is telling me that maybe I should be listening too. I'll believe it when I hear it from the CO. Until then, it's just a rumor.

But just in case, keep your fingers crossed that it's true. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

oh i hope i hope i hope it's true for you!!!!

I think you said you are going to the store for perishables and if you are I have a great recipe for chicken salad that uses toasted top ramen noodles!

Good luck with the kitchen clean-out, sounds like youre doing fine so far!

August 12, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home