<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: CNN.com

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

CNN.com

CNN.com is running a video newscast about a family that is trying to eat what is in their house without going to the grocery store.

The rules are very similar to mine.  Buying milk is ok, but nothing else.  However, she is trying for balanced meals and has a rather large pantry and fridge/freezer (I'm mean huge and brimming with food).  She is also only doing this for month.  They are also allowed to eat out once a week.  I feel that that is cheating.  For the price of eating out, I could go to the grocery store and buy enough food to last me another week. 

However, I think it's neat that it made the news.  For one, maybe I'm not as crazy as I feel.  And for two, it shows people that there are ways to tighten your belt without being wasteful.  

This is the end of my 5th week of not grocery shopping.  When I think back, it might be my 6th week.  I honestly can't remember when I last went to the store to buy food, but my cousin got married on the first and I know for sure I didn't go the week leading up to that.  So, it's safe to say five weeks.  

I am running out of food.  I think I can go at least another week.  If I eat all the Top Ramen, then a week and a half to two weeks.  I just don't know if I can eat all that Top Ramen.  I have made a serious dent in it though.  When I started, I had at least 14 days worth of it to eat and I'm down to 10.  I'd say that's pretty good.  

My meals have been so small, that I'm finding it hard to eat much.  A Cup O Noodle isn't very filling, but when you eat it every day, your stomach shrinks.  Two pieces of toast for breakfast, a Cup O Noodle for lunch and a simple dinner.  I had chicken soup with left over rice last night and couldn't finish it all.  So, now, I have chicken soup for lunch too.  On the bright side, I'll probably lose some weight, which I have been trying to do for months now.

I'm getting over the initial shock of having nothing good to eat and my resolve is settling in.  Soup for dinner isn't so bad and I still have pancakes and instant mashed potatoes to round out my meals. 

Next week, I will report what is left in my pantry.  My fridge is empty, except for milk and pickles. Oh, and a half tub of sour cream.  My freezer is almost empty.  I'm pretty much left with the pantry.  So I've been trying to tackle what's left in there, so I'm not left with only dry goods at the end of next week.  

Thanks to CNN.com for making me feel sane!  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home