<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Broke Again

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Broke Again

My husband and I are broke again. Well, not really. We have some money saved up, but I recently had to empty our savings account to get my car fixed. Yes, it was my fault. Our drive way is on a blind corner and I was so busy checking for on coming cars, that I didn't see my car wasn't clearing the garage door. Bummer.

So I got it fixed and we went back to being broke. That seems to be the theme of this deployment. Deployment money is good. My husband makes more now then he does at his day job. But we just can't seem to save. There is always something coming up that we need to spend money on.

It's so frustrating. We have lots of extra money each month. I do the right thing and put it into our savings account. And without fail, something happens. Pups needs to go to the vet and get test runs or something else that will cost me all of our savings.

So, I'm on a new kick. I'm trying to not spend any money. That includes on food. We have an abundance of random food items in our house. And a ton of Top Ramen left over from our days of being broke and on our own for the first time. So I have decided to eat everything in the house before I go grocery shopping again. I will occasionally go for staples like milk, yogurt, or bread, but other than that, I am living on what we have. It has made for some interesting meals.

I recently had Top Ramen with egg for lunch, not so bad. But I'm out of breakfast foods, so I'm going to start eating Hot Pockets. Sorta weird.

I did break down and order a pizza the other night. I did this out of my weekly allowance, not our money, money.

That is the great thing about being good with money. I have a plan. My husband and I each receive a weekly allowance. All thing like gas, toys, cloths, eating out and such come out of this. Then we have a "house fund," which is mutual money. That is for groceries and bills. The rest goes into one of our three savings accounts. There is a "general savings," a "vacation/christmas savings" and a "bills savings" account. That way we always have what we need to get by. It works out well, when we are not having random emergencies that require all of our money.

So far, I have emptied out everything but our general savings. All of our bills will get paid, but we have no extra cash for things. I really wish I hadn't just bought a digital camera. If I had only known I would need that money to get my car fixed.

So for now, I'm living on some really random foods and saving like crazy. Puppy is no longer getting new treats or snacks. I am diligent about making sure my car clears the garage door now. LOL. :) and I'm hoping that all that translates into money in the bank.

Anyone have any good tips for saving money? I could use a way to make my money go farther.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

OMG Food! It's so expensive. I lose weight every time I'm in Minnesota because I refuse to go buy food I wont cook. I live on Cereal. LOL

I know you can do this!

August 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM  
Blogger Samantha the ArmyWife said...

Can't wait to read the tips but I'm thinking clipping coupons is in my future. I did when I first moved out of my parent's house but i never found coupons for the things that I like when I needed to buy them. But that's all I got.

August 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

try buying food that you can use for several meals and things that are frozen. Only buy fresh fruit and veggies if you are going to use them in the next few days, otherwise it will spoil and it's a waste (I used to do that a lot)

Good luck with the pantry raid!

August 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Joann said...

Cutting back on cable, limiting where you are driving too, that will save gas.

I know there is more, but, it's late to me and my brain is fried.

August 15, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home