<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Sleep Deprived

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sleep Deprived

Maybe it's sleep deprivation, but I'm watching my dog and I am jealous.

I just got out of bed (not sleeping, reading sadly) and came down to feed my dog. She is already awake at this time, we usually get up at 7am, and she is patiently waiting for me to feed her. I give her her raw food. She loves it. She gets raw food in the morning and kibble at night. She looks forward to the morning. It tastes better.

After she has eaten she lazily lumbers into the living room. She picks a patch of carpet that has sun light and lies down. She loves to be warm almost as much as she loves raw food. This doesn't hold though, which brings me to watching my dog feeling jealous.

She walks into the kitchen and gets her favorite kind of chew, beef tendon. She is now lying in a patch of sun on the ottoman to my couch and intently chewing on her chewy (as I affectionately call them). Her eyes are closed and she is concentrating on just that. Nothing else. She is perfectly content, just as she is, chewing away on one of her many pleasures.

I do not have moments like this. Lost in the movement of my day, intent on my pleasurable activity, content with life. I read to pass the time and to have new things to think about. I watch TV, albeit rarely, I do watch it, also just to pass the time. No fruitful intentions. Just something to do. I don't often get lost in the moment, nor do I just live in the moment, content with life. I'm always thinking of the next thing on my list.

I wish I was more like my dog. I wish I was idelly chewing on my favorite thing, and, for the moment, content with life.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanette said...

I always thought being a cat, or like a chinchilla would be awesome. They sleep like 80% of the day! I love to sleep!

July 4, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger d.a.r. said...

Dogs totally have the best life. Especially mine, since they are spoiled rotten!

July 5, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home