<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: puppies!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

puppies!

It's puppy season at work. We see a few a day. Today a guy brought in a litter of Papillon puppies to get their first series of shots. They are eight weeks old.

I really want to adopt one! He keeps them until they are spayed, so I wouldn't get her for two more months. She will come spayed, with all her shots and litter trained! I won't even have to potty train her! The one I want is not show quality, but that makes her even more perfect. My dog is a beautiful, pure bred Miniature Pinscher, but she was the runt and is too small to be show quality. I have a soft spot for that kinda thing. This puppies colors are off, which disqualifies her. How perfect would that be!? She would be the same size as my dog too. They would be best pals.

I have emailed my husband about it and I already know he is going to say no. He made me promise that, while he was gone, I wouldn't adopt any pets, regardless of species, breed, age, health, or adorableness. I tried a few months ago, with a puppy from a rescue we work with at school. He was a puppy mill puppy and needed a good home. My husband shot it down right away. But it never hurts to ask. You never know... Right?

On a sad note, I messed up my finger at work today. I was drawing up vaccines and I somehow stabbed myself in the finger with a needle. It went in one side and out the other, really deep and in the middle of my finger. It's all swollen and bruised. There are two tiny punctures where it went in and out. It bled like a mother, and hurt like a bitch. Now my finger hurts... The hazards of working with that kind of thing, I guess. But it as a huge bummer to have to work with it like that all day.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanette said...

Ahhhhh I want a puppy! I want a corgi or a french bulldog. Now!

July 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger the girl with the pink teacup said...

Oh boy, puppies are seriously tempting, aren't they? Especially the ones that no-one else seems to want. I'm always secretly hoping that we'll be able to get another dog, but the truth is that we've got enough on our hands with our current dog! That puppy did sound super cute though... I don't know if I'd have been able to resist!

Hope your finger gets better soon ;)

July 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home