<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My Husband

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Husband

I feel like I get down on my husband a lot in my blog. He is the single most frustrating person I have ever met. We have very little in common. We both love to travel, but I prefer temperate climates and he loves the beach. I hate the beach! We love to watch movies, but can never agree on which one because he loves action and war movies and I love thoughtful movies and romantic comedies. I love cats and he hates them. He loves his Xbox and I love my Wii. He loves pizza and junk food, I love vegetables and healthy stuff. We couldn't be more different.

But he makes me laugh. I have never laughed so much in my life as I have with my husband. And boy does he love me. More than anyone in my life ever has. He supports me financially, so that I can pursue my various life goals. He doesn't always support those goals, but he gives me leeway to work part time so that I can be home. He gives me time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

He is not the best husband in the world. He has his faults, but boy does he try to be the best husband in the world. He may not alway see when he is wrong, or admit it, but given time to think and reflect, he is quick to come back with an apology and a renewed effort to try harder.

I have never met someone who makes me as mad as my husband does, but he is patient with me and all of my faults. He listens when I am sad. And he tries to solve my problems, like men try to do. He is not always supportive of me, he doesn't do things the first time I ask. He never listens when I ask for help. But when I really need someone, he is there. When I am ready to quit, he is there to take my hand and help me through. He doesn't questions why I need the plates stacked a certain way, or why the laundry needs to be folded just so. He never judges me and my quirks, of which I have many. He never laughs at me when I fail or stumble. He just helps me up and tells me to try again.

He lets me have to comfortable spot on the couch. He doesn't get mad when I hog the bed. He lets me eat his left overs. He doesn't get mad at me when I'm being irrational. He laughs when I tell jokes, even if they are stupid. He never makes fun of me for being ditzy. He cooks me dinner when I am too tired to.

He may not always give me "me time" to read or watch the shows I want to watch, but he doesn't make me sit through hours of TV that I hate either. He is always wiling to compromise.

No, My husband is not perfect, as many profess their husbands to be. He has many faults. But he is perfect for me. He balances my impulsiveness with thoughtfulness. He balances my anger with calm. He loves me, even with no makeup on. He loves me in the morning with morning breath. He loves me when I am too tired to shower on the weekends. He loves me even when I am angry at him. And he loves me when I am impatient or rude. He loves me when I am caddy. He loves me when I gossip or say spiteful things. He loves me with all of my faults.

And I love him, with all of his.

1 Comments:

Blogger (army)Wife said...

I love this post! I could have written it about my husband :)

July 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home