<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Knock it off

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Knock it off

I feel like I've been feeling really sorry for myself lately. I must be an absolute bore to the rest of the world.

Well, today I've decided to knock it off.

I have a really good life. I'm married to a good man, who takes very good care of me. He fights for what he believes in and is driven to help others. That makes me pretty lucky.

I live in a cute town home. I love it. I live in the town I want to and was fortunate enough to be able to afford that. That's pretty lucky too.

I have an adorable dog. Boy, is she a handful, but she adores me and loves me and is a pretty great dog.

I am fortunate enough to go to school and not have to work. School stresses me out, but my husband is letting me figure my life out without strings. I don't have to contend with a job I hate or try to balance school with work. And I may not be chasing my dreams right now, but I enjoy my new path and am ready to give it my all until I figure out what I want to be when I grow up. And my husband supports me figuring that out. That is really lucky.

All in all, I have a pretty great life. I'm very lucky in a lot of ways. All this crap with unsupportive friends and my husband being away clouded my vision of that. I have a truly great friend, and that makes me lucky. I don't need a ton of friends to feel supported and loved... Just one. And someday, my husband is coming home and I will have all the love and support I need right at home.

Until then, on my break from school, I'm getting to do what most only dream about doing. No strings. No obligations. I wake up in the morning and work out for a little while, then shower. I play with my dog and watch my favorite TV shows on Tivo. I read books and cross stitch (did I forget to mention that on top of being lucky, I'm also a huge dork?) and do puzzles and scrap book. I'm taking horseback riding lessons once a week and finding new hobbies to enjoy. And I can do this as long as it takes for me to be ready to tackle school again. That is extremely lucky.

Yep, it's time I stop worrying about my husband and his future. It's time I let go of the people in my life who weren't there for me. It's time to wake up and be an adult. It's time to live life for today and be glad that I have a today.

No more feeling sorry for myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

nice re-redesign. I think that's a great attitude to have but I also think it's ok to have a bad day once and a while when you're husband is gone. haha

yay for crafts BTW I knit and sew...dorks unite!

July 24, 2009 at 1:43 AM  
Blogger Samantha the ArmyWife said...

I'm with you. It's time we count our blessings; leave the hater's to hate; just concentrate on what we have versus what we've lost or is not currently here with us. It's a damn shame when we lose people we thought were great friends (or had the potential to be), but live and learn... and when the dust settles whomever is left is who truly matters! Good for you girl!! =)

July 24, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home