<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Insomnia wins again

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Insomnia wins again

The current time is 3:38 am. I have been in bed since 9:30 pm. I have yet to fall asleep.

This insomnia thing is really starting to get to me. If I fall asleep right now, and get eight hours of sleep, I won't wake up until 11:30 am. Half the day gone. I can't do it. I can't be in bed until noon. I never sleep for just eight hours. I am a nine to ten hour sleeper.

So I'm giving up. I have a good book and a whole early morning to kill. My dog is sleeping and we have a big fourth of July planned. She needs her sleep.

So I'm sitting in bed trying to think of ways to use this time wisely. I think I will fold laundry in a few hours. Maybe have an early breakfast.

I wish I could say that it's unusual for me to watch the sun rise. But this is more common that I would like. I don't even watch the sun rise anymore. It's only peaceful when you are well rested. When you are exhausted and dying for some shut eye, it's just another reminder of a night wasted.

I realized too late that I wasn't going to be able to sleep at all, so sleep medication was out. Not to mention that fact that I get a twelve hour hangover from that stuff. Not much fun. But I can live without sleep. I do it all the time. A little caffeine and I'm good to go for another day.

Current time is now 3:44 am. And I have not so much as nodded off for a few minutes. Hopefully tomorrow brings a better night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home