<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I love horses!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

I love horses!

I love horseback riding. I've been a number of times in my life. It's the best.

When I was growing up, we were pretty poor, and I always dreamed of getting horseback riding lessons. When I was in high school, my dad got a really good paying job and my mom said we could take them together. But just like the trip to Disneyland I was promised when I was three, it never happened.

My husband spent his summers working at a horse farm. He knows a lot about them and is a fairly good rider. He told me that, someday, we would own horses. But I have no experience with them, so it makes me nervous.

Well, a girl from my externship owns a horse and is very experienced. She gave me the name of the woman who used to give her lessons. It's a very reasonable price and she can teach me anything I want to know. I ran it by my husband and he said I could get lessons!

I just got off the phone with my new teacher and set my first lesson up for Friday at noon. I'm going to start learning to ride english, and then eventually go into western. But english is harder, so I figured that is the best place to start. I'm so excited. I will need to get boots, eventually, and a helmet and stuff, but for now, I can just learn the basics.

I can't wait... I will finally be able to ride a horse well! I told her that I wanted to be able to jump eventually, so that I can ride cross country courses. That is my ultimate goal. How cool would that be. I may even get into dressage. I haven't decided yet. I'm so stoked!

WIsh me luck that I don't make a complete fool of myself and that I don't fall off the horse!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette said...

Good luck!

July 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

good luck that sounds soo much fun! and you're little town sounds soo cute. definately the kind of place I want to end up (I'm a new englander, so pretty much everywhere over there is like that! I miss the quaint-ness alot)

July 19, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger Samantha the ArmyWife said...

awww good for you girl, getting out there and doing something you've always wanted to do!! Enjoy yourself. =)

Thanks for the options you left on my blog for dog treats. I've done the pig ears but my 95 lbs Golden Retriever swallows them almost whole... The deer antlers are a decent idea, I'll have to check into that. Thanks for the ideas. Oh and the tabasco sauce only encourages Brody... booo! lol

July 19, 2009 at 6:39 PM  
Blogger . Becca . said...

That's awesome! Riding is one of my favorite things to do, ever! I've been riding since elementary school, but since having a baby, I can sadly count the number of times I've gone on one hand ;( Booo!

You'll do great! Just stay relaxed :)

July 20, 2009 at 12:16 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

sorry about the previous post, I removed it from my blog

I also found kim's store, there is a lot of great stuff there!

July 20, 2009 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home