<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Freedom Calls Foundation

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Freedom Calls Foundation

Hey all!

Here's a great non-profit that you military spouses should check out. It's called Freedom Calls Foundation.

They help deployed servicemen connect via satellite with their families for important events.

A wife in my unit just used them for the birth of her child. They set up a monitor in the room so her husband could watch the birth of his child. She was able to talk to him and so were his family members! How awesome is that!?

I guess they will do this for many reasons. If you have a dying family member, they will work to set this up so that the serviceman can have one last conversation with the person.

I don't know what the application process is like or the restrictions. I know that they are not in Afghanistan yet. I think it might cost something... The article I read was not clear on that. It sounds like it's a flat (discounted) rate to talk to a family member. It would cost thousands of dollars to do it any other way.

I'll check out the website and if there is anymore info on it, I will post it here. But you all should google them and see what they are all about.

Spread the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home