<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The Fog has lifted!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Fog has lifted!

Today was a pretty great day.

I live in a tiny town of no consequence, except to those who have had the fortune to live here. It's population is 11,000 people. The median age is 30. The median income is high! Sky High... My husband and I are practically paupers here. LOL. But we love it. It's small and quaint. We have a downtown area. It is about 4 blocks long and has lots of little shops and nail salons and restaurants. It's the heart of our little town and is super cute.

Every year they shut down downtown for the (city name) Festival. They do a car show (this year was Corvettes) and have little booths that sell goods and services. All of the little shops are open and have sales. They have a kid area and, best of all, a pet plaza. It has all sorts of dog friendly things and booths and a Dock Dog competition. (For those of you who don't know, Dock Dog is where they set up a runway and a large pool. The dogs run down the way and jump into the water, competing for the longest jump.) It's so much fun. They even put in little kiddie pools for the dogs to play in.

Now, my dog hates water... The Dock Dog competition is out, but I love to put her in the kiddie pools and make her swim her way out. It may be a little mean, but it's super cute to watch.

This year, the girls from my externship site wanted to go and hand out fliers and coupons for our hospital. So we rounded up our dogs and met at my house. Since I live with in walking distance to downtown, we all walked there together. I had a friend who wanted to come with me, so she tagged along and we headed into town.

It was so much fun. We handed out the fliers and checked out all the shops and booths. We ate at the food court and watched a great Elvis impersonator. His rendition of "Burning Love" was awesome! I didn't find anything to buy, even though I brought money with me. But I had so much fun walking around.

The best part was when my friend announced that she wants to move to my little town! She loves it so much, when she comes to visit, and has decided to talk to her husband about it. It wouldn't be until next year, they are still saving to buy their first home, but this is where she wants to live! I'm so excited! I would finally have a friend near by.

She currently lives in the north end of Seattle.. And by north I mean, you can barely still call it Seattle. I live about 45 minutes north of down town Seattle and she lives about 20 minutes away from me. I hardly call that Seattle. LOL. But she is ready to move away from the city. She wants to live farther out in the the boondocks, with me. We are still close to a few big cities, so we don't have to go far to get things, but we are pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. We are a suburb of a suburb. :)

I love it here in my little town and I'm so excited she might be moving here. I even introduced her to my real estate agent, to help get the ball rolling.

I'm so excited about it... I hope her husband says yes. I think he will. He has been best friends with my husband since high school, so I think he will like the idea of living so close to us.

Oh, I could just go on and on about how much I love my little town. My husband and I moved here two years ago and fell in love with it. When we wanted to buy our first home, we were willing to buy a town home so that we could afford to live close to the city center. Not to mention the fact that there is no such thing as a starter home here. The houses start at 400K. We couldn't afford that, so we bought an adorable little town home, with in walking distance to the downtown. I walk pups there all the time. All the store owners know her and love her. It's just so perfect and small. (I hated living in Seattle. Too many people. It was too crowded!)

I love small town living. I still don't know a lot of people here, but I'm getting there. But it's so nice to have everything right there in my little town center. I may have limited places to eat, and there is no asian market, which is hard for me, but it's just so darn cute. And now, my friend might be moving here!

Such a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha the ArmyWife said...

Do you live in Forks, WA? hahahaa I'm funny. You're town does sound super cute... =)

July 18, 2009 at 8:19 PM  
Blogger Joann said...

Your town sounds cute!! :-)

July 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home