<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Thank you!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Thank you!

I have to say I really enjoy having "followers" to my blog. I didn't know how I felt about it originally. But everyone has been so nice.

My little pity party is underway and it was so nice of everyone to leave kind words.

It really renews my faith in humanity as a whole. Complete strangers supporting and being nice to another complete stranger. What a great thing that is.

I worked in retail for years. I have seen the worst side of humanity. I have been disgusted by how people turned out. The rudeness and crassness. The inconsideration, the inability to be kind. People taking what they want and never giving back. People thinking they are owed something or entitled to everything. I became very jaded about people in general. I began to assume that all people sucked and that I didn't want much to do with anyone.

I have seen people steal, and be mean just because they can. I have been insulted, assaulted (physically by a customer) at work and generally degraded. I have been threatened with bodily harm over minute things. I have been followed to the parking lot by angry customers and have had to call the police on people on a number of occasions.

All these incidences add up to a general dislike of humanity. How can you like people if this is how you are treated by total strangers on a daily basis?

But I'm glad to see that my jaded nature and cynicism may be, in fact, unfounded.

On a more personal note, I heard from my husband again today. He mostly wanted to know how broke we are and if we were making any head way on our debt. I'm glad to report that we are and that our very small amount of debt will be even smaller by the time he comes home.

Just as we really began talking, he yelled, "I gotta go! I gotta go! I love you!" Click! I hate that. It's the third time he has done that to me. It's hard not to worry that something has gone terribly wrong. Normally, it turns out to be nothing. But it's still hard to not worry.

2 Comments:

Blogger the girl said...

Hey Erin!

You're such a sweetie; no wonder your husband is crazy about you :)

Sometimes it really is hard to remember that not all people are total jerks, especially considering some of the awful experiences you've had (BTW: physically assaulted? So not OK...)

Glad that you've found a bit of renewed hope through blogging - hope you keep it up! Your blog is so insightful and is a true privilege to read.

Enjoy your weekend (or at least, what's left of it...)

xo

June 6, 2009 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger NSRose said...

i know exactly how you feel on being jaded toward humanity because of a job. (i answered phones for a large cable company... some of the ways people found to degrade me were quite imaginative.)

but it's true, there are still people who are perfectly willing to empathize and support a perfect stranger, on the INTERNET of all places. =) it's great.

i actually find myself thinking of you, and other military wives/girfriends i've seen blogging... as cheesy as this sounds, whenever you guys as a group pop into my head, i say a quick prayer. i know i couldn't handle my boyfriend being away in the military, and i've got a huge amount of respect for people like his mom and you who have found ways to be strong through it.

June 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home