<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I'm back, sorta.

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, June 26, 2009

I'm back, sorta.

I have some new restrictions... I won't go in to them. They aren't too bad. But I can blog again.

I started a new blog, but couldn't get it to look right. I was really unhappy with it. I told my husband this and he conceded that I could keep my original blog, with modifications.

I had to remove his name and our last name from everything. No hometown either. Not a big deal. I'm so happy to be back! I know it was only for a few days, but I feel relieved.

Some people commented on my 'goodbye' posts and gave me some great ideas. I told these ideas to my husband and he was much more receptive to my blogging if I did these things. So thanks to all of you who helped support me.

On a more personal note... My husband and I have agreed that fighting during a deployment is ridiculous. Lately things have been tense, but that seems so silly. We live half a world away from each other and it's a shame to waste a phone call home on arguing. So it sounds like there will be no more 12:30 am arguments. WHOO HOO! I think our talk was really great. We are both so stressed and it will make life so much easier if we just focus on talking and missing each other. There is nothing either of us can do about the distance or situation. Why fight it. So that was really great.

I also had a really great week at work. I got to do a dental for the first time. It was really neat, but totally gross. This dog needed a dental really badly. Not the grossest thing I have done, but I wish people took their pets teeth more seriously. I brush my dogs teeth. Not all the time, but I do do it. I'm not saying everyone has time for that. It's a bit silly, but I just extracted 5 teeth from that dogs mouth. All because of poor dental care. I never want that to happen to my dog. I can't even begin to describe how gross this dogs mouth was... Nor would it make much sense, because I have no idea how to talk about it without using medical jargon. Let me just please insist that you take good care of your pets teeth. Feed them a high quality food. Lots of chew toys, like raw hides or beef tendons and rope toys that help floss. Don't feed your pet "pet candy." These are cheap treats that you buy at the grocery store that have no nutritional value. And if you can, try to brush you animals teeth with a good ANIMAL toothpaste. Human toothpaste is not good for animals. I brush ever month or so. I tried to do it every week, but my dog wasn't having it. Even once a month is better than nothing. And be sure to have your vet check their teeth out at their vet visits. Dogs and cats should not have smelly breath, that is a sign of dental disease.

Ok, I'm off my high horse. I promise, I will try not to preach too often about things like that... But words can't describe how gross this dogs mouth was...

Anyhoo, I'm glad to be back... My husband was very understanding about how important my blog is to me. And I'm glad we were able to reach a good middle ground.

Deployments still suck, but it's nice to know that marriages don't have to suck along with them and that there is still a way to communicate effectively, even with a war and an ocean between you.

1 Comments:

Blogger the girl said...

Erin! That's fantastic news :) So glad it's working out for you both at last!

June 26, 2009 at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home