<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I battled a cat today

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I battled a cat today

I won, by the way...

We had a fractious cat in the clinic today. He had a skin tag that was bleeding on his hind leg. I was called in to make a "kitty burrito." Basically, I go in with a towel and wrap the cat up like a burrito so the doctor can look at him. I wondered if I needed the cat gloves. These are leather gloves, with padding, we use to handle angry/fractious cats so we don't get bitten and scratched. I was assured by the doc that this cat was all hiss and no bite.

Boy was she wrong! The cat was hissing and growling before we even touched it. I wrapped him up and he continued to vocalize. When the doc went to touch his bleeding skin tag, the cat flipped out. He bit me through the towel, hard. Luckily, the towel was so thick that the bite didn't break skin, but it hurt like a bitch. I grabbed him tighter, as he fought, and he began to claw at me. Again, the towel was there, so no damage done.

Then he began to get loose. I warned the doc that I was losing my grip and that she should step back. As I lost control of the cat he bit at me one more time. This time he made contact with my unprotected arm. Luckily he was moving as he did this and it just bruised me up. I have a lump and bruise where his tooth ripped at my skin. I got back quickly and he made no more moves to get me.

We gave the owner some options and he opted for surgical removal of the tag. We put the kitty in our "fractious cat box." This is a box that we put angry cats in when we need to anesthetize them. It's just a plexiglass box that we pump full of anesthesia. Boy was he pissed about the box!

But we did the surgery and he went home without biting anymore people.

I got bit by a dog too, but it was more mouthing so it didn't do any damage. But I was pretty proud of getting the best of that damn cat. He was a monster and everyone else was afraid to handle him after he bit me!

I would battle him again. LOL :) I got the best of him once, I know I will win the next time too!

1 Comments:

Blogger d.a.r. said...

Oh my gosh!! I would have dropped the cat and been out the door. Those things are evil, haha!

Glad you are relatively unscathed...

June 30, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home