<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Feeling depressed...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Feeling depressed...

Not to over shadow my wonderful book review, but I'm feeling a little down right now.

I have set out on a new mission to find blogs written by military wives. More so, I'm looking for wives with deployed spouses.

I have found quite a few. It has been nice to see that I am not alone... However, the words R&R keep coming up.

For those of you who don't speak military, R&R is rest and relaxation. It is a period of time that deployed servicemen get to go home to visit family, friends, the hot flight attendant they met on the plane ride to Iraq... Whomever they choose. Usually this is ten days to two weeks. Depending on the branch of the military. I have heard of longer R&R, but am generally unfamiliar with it.

My husband does not get R&R. The Marine Corp doesn't believe in it, I guess. They are the toughest of the tough and apparently that means they don't need a break to go home. Now, it also means that my husband is not on an extended tour. I am thankful for that. He will not be gone for 15 months with three, three month extensions, like they like to do in the Army. He is on active duty orders for one year and in country (in country means in the war zone) for seven to eight months... We hope. He has been living away from home since December first. That means I am half way through his activation. It also means, that I am ONLY half way through his activation.

But no R&R sucks... There is no half way point break. He isn't coming home for a while to say hi. No quicky vacation or family BBQ. Nothing.

I love to read others blogs about deployments, but am growing increasingly jealous of that fact that they have all gotten to see their husbands.

I love being a military wife. More importantly, I love being a Marine Corps wife, but this is one of those things I hate about the Marine Corps. Toughest of the tough. Baddest of the bad. Bravest of the Brave. But no love for the wives.

"If the Marine Corps wanted you to have a wife, they would have issued you one." I guess that is all too true.

1 Comments:

Blogger the girl said...

Wow, Erin, that is some seriously tough stuff. No R&R seems so unfair for both the marines themselves and their gorgeous wives. Have you managed to make contact with any other Marine Corps wives through blogging? I'm sure they'll understand exactly how you feel on this one. All I can say is that I'm sending my love to you and hoping that the months ahead fly by, with your lovely husband coming home to you safe and sound at the end of it all.

June 30, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home