<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: exhausted

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

exhausted

Working four tens is killing me slowly from the inside out. My feet hurt. I'm tired and I never have enough time in the day.

I get up, shower, go the work, come home, eat dinner and go to bed. My poor dog is being neglected. And she is not handling the separation well. She has separation anxiety and all of the progress we made with that is being counter acted by being left alone 10 hours a day.

I don't have any energy. I can't believe I am still awake right now!

I never have the time to talk to my husband. He calls when I'm sleeping or calls me on the 10 minute drive to work. Since I'm always there, I never have time to talk to him.

Today, I got kicked repeatedly by an Australian Shepherd. I was holding it's head and front legs while we expressed his anal glands. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. We go into the bum and squeeze the anal glands when they get too full and clogged. Most dogs don't mind it so much. This dog hated it and was in serious need of a nail trim. I have claw marks/bruises on my side and legs from his hind legs kicking to get away.

I couldn't wait to get home today. I was so tired and all I could think about was sitting on my couch in my pajamas.

I have permission to change my schedule to five eights. I think I might do it. I wouldn't have to be to work until 10am. I wouldn't have to go to bed until 10 or 11. It would be so nice to have some spare time.

On a happy note, I placed my first IV catheter yesterday. I had tried one time before, but couldn't do it. It's kinda tricky and takes some finesse. But I tried again and got it on my second try. It was pretty cool. I don't know if I would be able to do it again, but it was cool none the less.

2 Comments:

Blogger jeanette said...

Dang Austrailian Shepards haha I once thought I wanted to work 4 10's and then decided against that.

June 19, 2009 at 7:14 AM  
Blogger jeanette said...

Hey! I tagged you on my blog, go check it out.

June 19, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home