<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The end of my blog?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The end of my blog?

I have opened the door for discussion with my husband.

I have told him that I don't want to delete my blog and that I want us to find some middle ground.

I don't know how to blog and not blog about him sometimes. That is what is really bothering him. I am exposing him to the world. He hates that. But him and this deployments are key things in my life.

I don't know what I'm going to do... Maybe make it invitation only. Only certain people can read it. I don't know. But I just don't see how I can not blog anymore. It's my outlet. My release. I put all my crap here that I don't have room for in my life. Yes, it is very personal and honest. But isn't that the point? Isn't that why people read it? Because I am willing to say the things that they are thinking. I'm willing to put it all out there, no matter how shitty it is.

I'm willing to be honest about deployments and the military. All the crappy things that come with that... And the good. Life sucks sometimes, I never deny that.

I don't know how to resolve this. I don't know how to make him see that this is good for me. I respect what he is saying, but I don't like it. If he really insists, then I will, with a heavy heart, delete my blog. But shouldn't there be a compromise? Isn't that what marriage is all about.

So maybe this won't be the end of my blog... We can all hope for the best, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger d.a.r. said...

Glad you may not leave afterall. The hus and I talked long and hard before I started my blog. He was nervous that our dirty laundry would be aired all over the world, and the he would be exposed online without having his own blog (so, basically completely involuntarily) and that people would find out too many intimate details. He fully supports my blogging ,but he does have limits that he would prefer that I don't push--i.e. I'm not allowed to use his name, our last name, our exact location, his rank, our hometowns, etc. He also made me promise that if we fight, I wait a week to blog about it so that I don't write stuff on the internet in the heat of the moment that I may regret later.

I try to be as honest as possible in my blog about my deployment experience, and I certainly feel like I have never been dishonest, but there are definitely some things that are censored out for the health of our marriage. 'Cuz as much as I love blogging, our marriage comes first :)

Hopefully you guys can continue to talk about it and figure out a good middle ground!

June 21, 2009 at 7:03 PM  
Blogger the girl said...

Oh man, this is such a tough decision. It's great that you've tried to open the door for compromise about your blog, as it's obviously one of the most important ways that you are coping with this deployment. Your solution about making it invitation-only seems to be a great idea (and of course I don't expect for one second that I'll be able to access it! Keep it as private as you need.) You're an intelligent and caring person, so I'm sure that whatever you choose to do will be the right thing for you both in the end. Good luck and thinking of you.

June 21, 2009 at 10:15 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I really hope you are able to keep writing in your blog. It is an outlet like you said:) And I can only imagine how hard it is having your husband apart from you. This is helpful for you, therapeutic in a way.

I am as honest as I can be on my blog. Because no one is perfect and its so much easier to relate to someone when they're being honest. I love reading your blog, and you are a strong woman. But you are open about your struggles with deployment and having your husband away. I'm hoping you find some middle ground:)!

June 22, 2009 at 8:45 AM  
Blogger jeanette said...

I hope you can keep your blog! If not, it has been great reading it!

June 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home