<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Do I have to finish school?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Do I have to finish school?

It's finals week again. I have one left to go. The first two weren't so bad, I could have done better, I could have done worse. At this point, I just want to be done.

One more, tomorrow morning. It will be a fairly easy one, but I'm so freaking tired. I haven't slept in days. The other night I was finally in bed at a decent time, sleeping lovely, deep sleep, and my husband called. I shouldn't be mad. I should be happy to receive a phone call from my husband. But it was so late and I was so tired. I tried to talk to him, but I kept falling back to sleep. So much for talking to my husband. He was pretty nice about it. He understood that it was late. Why does he never call when I have insomnia? When I'm lying wide awake in the middle of the night?

10 hours difference. If makes life so difficult. When I start my externship next week, I won't be able to talk to him hardly at all. He normally calls around 12pm. He stays up late to call me at a decent time. Sometimes he calls at like 8pm, which he has to get up extra early to do. But I will be at work from 8am - 6pm. I work four tens. So I have no idea when I will get to talk to him.

Deployments suck. I get letters sometimes, but he hates to write them. So I have to rely on email and phone calls. The kicker? He has to wait in line to do either. It cost money to call home. He has to buy calling cards. The internet is free, but limited. If he wants to have it in his barracks it would cost us $100 a month! That is insane. I'm of the opinion that they should be able to call home for free and have free internet access. Now is not the time for me to list all the things we have to pay for that we shouldn't... Or is it?

Ok, just one little rant. We have to go to the Marine Corps Ball every year. It is a celebration of the birthday of the Marine Corps. Every branch of the military has a ball. We are required to be there. It counts as a drill. My husband is even paid for part of it. Great right? But we have to buy tickets! It's a required weekend that he gets paid to be there, but I have to shell out $60 bucks for ball tickets. Not to mention I have to get a dress and an hotel room. We don't live where they have ball, it's a three hour drive, so I have to pay to stay the night. Sometimes, I have to take Friday off of work to get there. We also have to pay for his required uniform for ball. Any tailoring or modifications that need to be made to make it up to snuff, I have to pay for. And to keep his ribbons and metals up to date, I have to pay for that too. It cost me a fortune. I hate it. If it's required, I think the military should have to pay for it. This is just one example of all the little things we have to pay for that are required to have. Sucky.

Anyhoo, I'm done now. I'm tired and should be heading to bed soon. One more final to go.

I hope to hear from my husband soon, it's been a few days. No good worrying, but I still do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandi said...

See reading students thoughts on school makes me wish I would have never quit. LOL (I do want to go back one day to be a teacher).

I'm sorry it's been hard to keep in contact with your hubby (and now that it will be getting harder). There really isn't anything anyone can say about it to make it better, ya know?

I'm sending out my hugs, even though I just found your blog you still deserve a hug. :p

Brandi

June 4, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home