<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Today is my Birthday!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Today is my Birthday!

Well, today is my birthday, and it's a bit bitter sweet.

Who doesn't love their birthday? But my husband and I normally celebrate our birthdays together with one big party. His birthday is at the end of the month. I'm thinking of doing something for my birthday later in the month, but I don't know what. It's sucks that he's not here for this.

I took the day off of school. I just couldn't face a test and a lab. My heart wasn't in it. So I went down to my moms house and hung out all day. We just sat around and watched movies. It was nice to take a break from life for a day. No worries or obligations.

But tomorrow it's back to school and life. I only have three weeks left of school. My heart isn't in it anymore. I just don't care how I do on my tests or projects. I'm only finishing because I promised my husband I would. If it were up to me, I would just leave now and never look back.

My sadness gets deeper everyday. I know I will feel better in a few weeks. This is just a passing phase, or so I'm told. I was told that the beginning is hardest. Pretty soon, it will be normal for him to not be here. I mean, he hasn't been living at home since December.

He did call me this morning to wish me a happy birthday. He is doing well. He's enjoying his time, which is good I guess.

Birthdays just suck when your husband is half way across the world fighting a war.

2 Comments:

Blogger you + me said...

Casey wasn't here for my birthday either and it sucked terribly, too. I feel your pain, sweetie.

Happy birthday, though! I'll give you a call soon, once I'm up and at it a little bit more.

xoxo

May 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

We just got internet back, but happy birthday. I remembered, I just didn't have access to internet or phone for the past 2 days.

I know it must be pretty lonely. I'm not sure if this would work for you but, when I was on bedrest, I made a paper chain (think about what we did in elementary school to count down to Christmas). It was freakin' long. I think mine was about 5 months long. I make the weeks color coded (like Mon through Sun were white - then Sat was red for the first 2 months, orange for the next month, yellow for the next month, and green for the last month). It was kind of depressing at first (seeing how long it was) it was wrapped around my kitchen. But it grew shorter and shorter. I saved the last chains for the kids' shadow boxes.

May 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home