<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Live Journal and Letters from Iraq

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Live Journal and Letters from Iraq

Ok, so a friend of mine just raves about Live Journal. SO I started one. It's ishiimama.livejournal.com. Check it out. I don't know if it will stick. I'm just testing the water.

I got my first letters from my husband today. He sent them ages ago. I've been checking the mail box for them for like two weeks. It was a great day.

It's nice to get letters. He can be so honest in them. When we're on the phone we have to watch what we say in case someone is listening. I generally assume that we are being recorded. But what if our government is not the only one listening. So there's alot of things that we can't say.

Letters can be more honest. There's still a lot that we can't talk about. There's still a lot that I can't know. Today my husband said he had an exciting day. But he couldn't or wouldn't tell me about it. He said that he wouldn't be telling me anything until he got home. I figure that's fair, but it sucks. We run out of things to talk about. But letters are different. He tells me about his day and what they are doing (like playing cards, not missions or anything). He talks about the other guys in his unit and what they are up to. He talks about missing me and loving me. All the stuff he doesn't say on the phone.

Our phone calls are abbreviated. He can only talk for like 10 minutes at a time. He calls in the middle of his night, which is the middle of my day. He often has to go to bed, so he just calls long enough to say hi. Letters take time and care and attention. He tells me all kinds of things.

I can't really disclose what's in the letters. But I do hope I receive more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home