<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: The joy of sleep medication

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The joy of sleep medication

I have chronic insomnia. It's been something I have struggled with for years.

Recently I was put on Ambien. It made me sick to my stomach. I was in pain for a few weeks before we made the connection and I stopped taking it. I couldn't get in to see my prescribing doctor, so I saw my general practitioner. She gave me Benedryl. It didn't help at all. Then I ran out and couldn't get in to my doctor for a month! So I have been with out anything for a month now.

Yesterday, I finally saw my doctor and he gave me Trazadone. It's what I had been on before. I stopped taking it because it gives me a hangover effect. But I'm desperate. So I took two last night and went to bed early.

Well, my husband called abound 8:30. I was groggy at best. I couldn't string a full sentence together. He asked what I had talked to my doctor about and I told him, "bone structure." Which is actually what I'm doing a school project on. I talked to my doctor about life in general. I would forget that I was talking in mid sentence and would just stop talking. He would have to ask me to finish talking. I couldn't keep a train of thought either. So I would switch topics in mid sentence. It was an interesting conversation. I tried to keep it going, but I was so drugged up that it was impossible. My husband laughed at me for a good 5 minutes, then suggested that he call me the next day (today) and that I should get some sleep.

I woke up today totally hung over. I kept dozing off in class and barely made it through. I came home and had to drink a can of Coke to keep from falling a sleep. Caffeine makes me crazy. It's like taking meth or crack for me. But I had to stay awake. It's a true testament of how drugged up I am, that the caffeine didn't make me edgy.

I'm going to try to take just one tonight to see if that makes it better. I don't know if it will. I'm pretty sensitive to stuff like that. Well, usually. Some drugs, like Benedryl are like sugar pills to me, but normally, half a tablet will knock me out. I'll have to be sure to tell my doctor to stop prescribing two a night. It's a bit much.

I just hope that I am with it enough to talk to my husband if he calls again. I don't want to miss talking to him because of my drugs.

Sleeping pills are just a huge pain. It's so hard to find something that makes you sleep with out a hang over. Ambien was great. I slept wonderfully and had no effects during the day. Too bad it made me sick to my stomach.

Bummer... If only I could sleep. I hate taking extra medications if I don't have to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home