<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Going back and forth

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Going back and forth

Today was a good day.

I was really tired and not feeling school at all. I had to make up a test and an lab and was just stressed about everything. But once I got there, things went very smoothly. I was stressed about my test, but it turned out to be really easy! And the lab was a breeze to make up.

I've been having a hard time studying, which is the bulk of what I have to do to pass this class. We don't have a lot of homework, it's all tests. I just can't focus. My sadness overwhelms me and I can't seem to keep the information in my brain. But so far, that hasn't effected my work at all. I feel super stressed and feel like I"m going to fail, but the tests have all been pretty easy, so I've done well. I have yet to get that B that I feel so sure is around the corner.

I came home and knocked out my project that is due Friday and finished all my homework, so I took
pups to the dog park. It's been ages since we've gone in the middle of the week. It was so great. Pups played with other dogs, which is totally unlike her, and I relaxed a bit. She really ran around, again, not like her. She had such a good time. It wasn't too crowded, so that made a huge difference in her comfort level. And I enjoyed talking to other people about their dogs and just hanging out, stress free.

It made all this crap I've been feeling seem sorta mild. My stress with school was unfounded and I'm starting to think that it's just stress that I'm putting on myself. If I don't care how I do, I'm not as stressed about school, so I actually do better. Kinda a weird conundrum.

So, over all today was a good day. I'm sure tomorrow I will feel differently. I have to study for a test tomorrow and I'm sure I will feel overwhelmed and want to be done with school. But today was a nice break from stress. It was great to remember how good life can be. School is a temporary stress. It's only for three more weeks and that time will go by fast. I just know, that things will be great once I'm not so stressed about school. But today reminded me that I actually like school. It made me feel confident that I can and will go back. It was so nice to not feel the stress of life and the deployment. It made me remember that life hasn't always sucked and that all this is temporary. I can have good days and soon they will out number the bad... or at least, out weigh them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home