<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: An exercise in futility

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

An exercise in futility

Ok, today is really trying my patience. It might just be the worst day ever.

I got in a car accident this morning. No one was hurt. Honestly, I fell asleep at the wheel. I know, right!? I was driving to school feeling very tired and all of the sudden my eyes closed and didn't open again. I rear-ended someone one. Luckily, we were only going like 10 miles an hour. Thank God for rush hour traffic. I didn't do any damage. He just has a few scratches on his bumper, but it sucks none the less. I hope my premiums don't go up.

So that was a crappy way to start the day. School wasn't terrible. Another day, another test. It all went fairly well. But when I got home my husband called. We are both under so much stress right now. So, of course, we spent half the call fighting about stupid stuff. It was mostly my fault. I was grouchy. The trouble is, even once we stopped fighting, I was on the phone for way to long. I really needed to get off the phone. I had a million things to do and a doctors appointment to get to. But how do you tell your deployed husband that you can't talk. So I didn't get anything done. I didn't even have time to call my insurance company about the accident.

We finally got off the phone and I made a few other phone calls and had to leave. I drove the 20 minutes to my appointment at the hospital. It was supposed to be a Barium Swallow with Speech. It turned into me sitting on a chair for 30 minutes while the techs tried to get the x-ray machine to work. It promptly broke the second I entered the room. They never did get it working. The speech therapist, who was running the test, decided I didn't need it. She called my doctor and told him that. He said, "Oh my bad, that's not the test I wanted her to have. I wanted a different test. Cancel this one and I'll call her to tell her what test I really meant." Seriously!?

So, I've been sitting for a half hour waiting to have a test and it's the wrong one! So, now, I have to wait to hear from my doctor and get a different test. ARG!

So, now I have to drive 20 minutes home. I still have to study for my test tomorrow, make dinner and some how find time to sleep. The thing that capped the day off? The review my teacher gave us. She always gives us a list of stuff to review for our tests. Normally it's more like a lesson. It never has anything we have covered in class on it. It's all new info and we have to learn it all in one night. This review? Not even that much. It basically said, " review everything." Really!? I had no idea what to study. So I studies the basics and am calling it good. I'm so tired. My brain doesn't want to work. I just want to eat dinner and go to bed.

Surprisingly, I'm not really hating life. It was a mondo shitty day, but tomorrow is the last day of the week. It's almost over. My mom is going to come visit for the first time in a while, I have birthday party to go to Saturday, which promises to be fun, and best of all, I get to sleep in. No more falling asleep at the wheel. I hope.

I'm so tired of being tired. I'm so tired of feeling sick to my stomach. I'm so tired of doctors appointments. I'm so tired of school. I just want to be done with it all. I just want to curl up on my couch and ignore the world for while.

Maybe not the most productive feeling in the world, but that's what I feel like.

Only one more week and then my externship. I am excited for my externship, so that is something.

Only one more week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home