<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: BLAH

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BLAH

I totally didn't want to post anything... I really love that Jewel poem, and I kinda want to leave it front and center on my blog!

This week is going to be a trying one. It's my last week of actual school. As usual, my teacher had us do nothing for the last three weeks, only to cram it all into this last week. I have three tests in four days! It sucks. On the bright side, I only have this week and finals week left. Then I'm off to my externship for 6, homework free weeks! I'm actually really excited about it. I can't wait to stick animals with needles and hold them down for things! Sounds sick, but that's what most of the job is. I'm pretty stoked.

I got my KVN calling list too. KVN is the Key Volunteers Network. It started out as wives, but has recently been extended to any immediate family member of the military member. We are a support network and an information super highway. We pass word and generally help each other out. Many of us wives are the only ones in our towns that have deployed husbands, so it's nice to have someone to talk to who can understand. Civilians just don't get it, unfortunately.

So I am a Volunteer or a KV. I get assigned families to keep in touch with and help in any way I can. It's pretty cool. It has given me back my sense of purpose. I now have these families to look out for and make sure they are doing ok. I told them they can call with anything. I don't care what it is. Even if they just need to vent or someone to talk to, that's what I'm here for. I've had a good response too. Many of the wives are really interested in becoming friends. They need someone to talk to and I'm glad to be here for them. I have a few wives I talk to and it has made all the difference in the world.

So that is generally my life right now. It takes a long time to call all those families, so it's very time consuming. And school promises to make me want to scream.

BAHH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home