<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Should I be studying?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Should I be studying?

Hell yes I should... If I am doing nothing else, I should be studying. If I am doing something else, it's probably because I am putting off studying. I should always be studying, but I'm not. I finished my note cards and am taking a quick break.

I took another day off of school. It was for a good cause. My husbands uncle had two heart attacks yesterday and was admitted to the hospital for a triple bypass. We took the day off to go visit him. Unfortunately, he ended up going in for surgery and we were told it would be a while before he could have visitors so we didn't go. We might go later or tomorrow. So I missed a test and didn't get to do a lab because of it.

I'm a little bummed. I wish I had gone to school. But it is what it is. There was no way for us to know.

So, instead of going to the hospital, my husband and I hung out. He packed the first half of the day and then we went out to lunch. We talked for a while then went to the mall so I could buy a watch. IT was a pretty good day.

Pups is feeling better. We can't keep her calm, so we have given up on that discharge instruction, but other wise she is doing great. A little diarrhea, but a bland diet should clear that right up.

My husband and I had a good talk. I'm feeling better about being in school and he assures me that, when he gets home, he will be more supportive. (He isn't very supportive right now, but I think he is really trying) I'm a bit worried about it. School takes up all of my time and my husband takes up all of my time, I don't see how the two can be compatible, but he says he will work on helping me around the house and helping me study. I think it will be hard for him to let me study without paying attention to him, but it will only be for six months. Then I will be graduated!

I'm pretty nervous about it all. School is really tough and will only get tougher as I progress. I am also riddled with doubt about whether or not I am cut out for this job. I think I will really like it, but I'm scared as heck to hurt an animal. My teacher assures me this is normal and that I would be a bit weird if I wasn't scared. I also treated Puppy as my first live patient and that was a huge mistake. It was horrible and very difficult to do all the things we had to do. Sticking her with needles repeatedly, and holding her down for things.... It was tough. But I have been assured that it is normal to feel that way about your own pet and that it doesn't usually cross over into other peoples pets, so we will see.

My husband's talk with me encouraged me to try again and stick with it all...

All in all a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home