<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Proud of my husband

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Proud of my husband

I'm very proud of my husband. I love him and love what he does.

The thing I love most about my husband is the same thing I hate about him... The Marine Corps.

I get so tired of the politics and the BS. I get tired of my pay getting screwed up and the "the only constant is that things always change" crap. I really hate the corps sometimes.

Today I hate the corps. I hate that my husband is half way around the world from me. I hate that he is gone and will miss out on a year of my life. Letters and phone calls aren't enough. I want him home.

Today I realized that I am having a hard time with him being deployed. I put on a brave front and people tell me that I'm strong. The truth is, I hate every minute of it. I would give anything to have him back home. But I don't want people to feel sorry for me. It's hard, but I can do this. I have to.

The truth is, we military wives are the best kind of people. We can love under the worst circumstances. We can endure more than most. We have to be strong, we have no choice in the matter. We chose this life, but only because we chose love above all other things. We chose to love, knowing what it meant for us. Knowing about the deployments and the stress of being a military wife.

But some days, I would give anything to be married to a civilian. Today is one of those days. But I love my husband and I support his decision to deploy again. I have no choice.

1 Comments:

Blogger you + me said...

amen, sweetheart.

April 29, 2009 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home