<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: A mixture of things

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A mixture of things

Ok, So, as usual, I should be studying, but I'm taking a quick break.

I am starting to get sick and am wicked tired. I have two finals tomorrow and honestly, I don't care how I do. I have so much going on and with my husband being gone and all... I don't know, I'm tired and mentally, physically and emotionally exhausted. I have pretty good grades and I will be fine. So if I get a B I just don't care.

That is the bummer of my situation. I feel totally apathetic about life. I want to care about school again, but it take everything in me just to go everyday. I think asking much more than that is asking too much.

On a brighter note. I thought a friend of my dumped me. It's been 6 months since we last talked and the months leading up to that we hardly had any communication. I was very hurt by it. But it turns out she didn't dump me and wants to be there for me while my husband is gone! Maybe I forgive too easily, but I feel really lucky to have someone (anyone) want to be there for me during this time. She has been through a deployment and she can really understand me right now. I really need that. So, Yeah!!!

Also I had a big day today.

At school we took a field trip to a clinic. It's a feral cat spay and neuter clinic. They are a non-profit that is working on getting the population of unwanted, unloved and uncared for cats down. Basically, they spay and neuter strays. They do 50 cats a day! It's really cool. Well, we went there to learn and help out. It was awesome!

I got to do some really cool stuff. It may sound simple to you... But I have always been afraid of injections. I worry about doing it all the time. I was really scared to do vaccines and stuff. I'm a worrier by nature and I worry all the time about the stuff that I am learning. Am I going to do it right, all the things that could go wrong, am I going to hurt the animal ect. The list goes on and on. I have even talked to my teacher about it because I was thinking of dropping out of school because of all of this fear!

Well, I over came a bunch of fears today! I got to do two vaccinations. It was so much easier than I thought. I was very nervous to do the first one. But it was so easy. So when they asked me to do another, it was no big deal. I also got to microchip a cat. Now this is just as easy, but the needle is huge and it hurts more to do. In all fairness, the cat was anesthetized, but I was still really nervous. You have to place them just right. But I did it! It was harder to do than the vaccine. I mean, it's a huge needle the the skin is tougher between the shoulders, but I did it. That was so cool.

I also got to prep a cat for surgery. I wanted a female because they are easier to shave, but I got a male. I did an ok job. The supervisor said I did great, but the clipping was really uneven. I also had a tough case... His hair was super fine and I couldn't get it all off. The lady had to help me with that, but I did it and then had to scrub him for surgery. I was worried that whole time that I was doing it wrong and that he would get an infection, but I was assured that I did great!

It was such a great day!

I really wish my husband were here. I want to tell him all about it. It's times like these, that I really miss him. He is going to miss all of my "first," all of my milestones with school. It bums me out.

But it was still a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home