<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Just a few more days

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Just a few more days

Soon my husband is gone.

I went to school today, then did homework while my husband cleaned. Then we went to the store to buy all the stuff for his going away party tomorrow. Then I cleaned...

What a busy day. Tomorrow will be worse.

But the cleaning needed to be done anyway and it will be nice to see everyone. I have some homework this weekend, but I got most of it done today and will just have a bit to do on Sunday.

So my husband and I are taking Sunday to skip the Easter festivities and spend the day together. Then he is gone. I have mixed feelings. On one hand, I will be free to focus on school for the first time since I started. Nothing to distract me on the weekends and no putting off homework until morning to talk on the phone. On the other hand, I am losing my best friend.

Right now I am kind numb. I don't really feel anything. Last week I was really depressed about it all. But last week was a really stressful week, and I was worried about having weeks like that without my husband. This week, well, it just kinda happened. Before I knew it, it was over. We spent some time together today, but we really didn't have much time together in general in the last week. That really sucks. I had to be at school. I've missed four days in the last two weeks. I feel really behind and have to miss two more days for his departure. School is a really unneeded distraction. I wish I had been able to take the whole week off, but it just wasn't going to happen. My school doesn't work that way.

So here we are. My husband is downstairs hanging out with our neighbor and I am up here blogging. Tomorrow is his going away party.

I'll let you know how I feel when he is gone, but for now, I'm numb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home