<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My husband is home...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My husband is home...

My husband is home and I took the day off of school so we could clean out the garage. The original plan was to purge everything we didn't need anymore and put the rest of it in the newly finished attic. Unfortunately, the attic can't be finished. It would take longer than he has to work around some of the problems that presented themselves. So we just cleaned out the garage and are restacking the boxes down there.

It was frustrating at best. My husband and I are definitely on different wave lengths now and even the most simple of tasks turn in to tight lipped conversations. I think we would have been better off leaving the garage until he comes home. On the bright side it will be done which will make me feel a lot better about being most of the way moved in to our house. I just wish we didn't have so much stuff.

We haven't spent too much time together. We spent the day out on Saturday, which was a mistake because I should have been at home studying for a test I had on Monday. Sunday we had dinner with friends, also time I should have been studying. Lucky for me, my teacher pushed the test back until tomorrow. Which means I am blogging and cleaning the garage instead of studying for my test. I got most of it down, so I'm not too worried, but I have another test of Friday and, frankly, it's impossible to get anything done with him home. He is such a distraction, and it constantly bugging me for my attention.

Monday and Tues I was at school until after 5pm. So no time there. Pups went in for surgery yesterday and I assisted (big mistake on my part), so we had to be at school for blood work and surgical prep. It was emotionally taxing to treat my own dog and I will never make that mistake again. But she did great and is recovering nicely. But it caused the issue of my husband having been home since Thursday and us having spent very little time together.

School is picking up since we have finals coming up and my teacher was sick for a week so we are a week behind now. That means this weekend will be more of the same. I will be missing school on Monday to drive him back to base, so that will hurt me a little. But I'm hoping I will come out of it ok.

I'm hoping to have at least some time this weekend to spend one on one with my husband. We are in such a tight spot. He wanted me to go back to school so I would be busy while he was gone, but that means I have no time for him while he is here.

It all sucks, honestly. I wish I wasn't in school. I would be able to spend tons of time with him. It would be so much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home