<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Finally, some good news

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Finally, some good news

I'm on, yet another, study break...

Lately, it feels like all I do is study. I have been playing catch up in school, so I have been studying my ass off.

Well, I had two make up tests this week, as I have mentioned before. I took two on Monday and studied all weekend for them. I thought I did fairly well on them.

The one I took on Tuesday, not so good. I couldn't study the night before. I was so busy with errands and then my husband called for what was going to be the last time. I didn't even peak at my already prepared note cards. I was so sure I was going to fail. I cried to my husband on the phone about my disappointment. I had tried so hard to catch up and there was nothing I could do. I didn't have the time to study, so I was going to fail.

I went in on Tuesday and explained to my teacher why I hadn't been able to study. I just didn't want her coming to me and asking what happened when I got an F, and I knew she would. I told her I had been on the phone with my husband all night and that I expected to fail the test. I took the test and was sure I failed. It was super hard. I didn't know half of the answers, I literally guessed on 50% of the test.

Well, I got my test back today and I aced it. 51 out of 53! I don't know how! I'm pretty sure it was by the grace of God. I am so shocked and amazed that I did so well!

We took one of our finals and did a lab final today too. I was sure I was going to get something I didn't know how to do for the lab final, but I got the one thing I knew really well. (only because I knew I was going to get it and fail, so I had been studying it all day) Since labs are on a lottery system, meaning you pick out of a hat which skill you have to do, I had a good chance of getting something I didn't know. I picked a few things that I really didn't know and studied how to do them all day long. It's a good thing I did, because, sure enough, I got the thing I didn't know. But since I studied for it, I aced that too.

Finally, some good news

2 Comments:

Blogger you + me said...

CONGRATS, Erin! You're awesome, sweetheart. And so friggin' smart. I'm sure you'll be fine in all your exams.

xoxo

April 23, 2009 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger you + me said...

P.S. I like the new quote on your blog. It's been one of my favorites for years. ;-)

April 23, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home