<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Stress free... for now

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Stress free... for now

Well, it's the start of a new term. A new 6 weeks of cramming information down my throat and hoping I remember it all.

Since it's the first week, it's going pretty well. It's always easy at the beginning. It's the last few weeks that are tough and make me want to rip all my hair out while I drop out of school.

I've been entertaining that idea alot lately. Dropping out. I would feel like a failure if I did, but damn it, it sounds like a good idea when I'm super stressed and ready to cry. I don't think I will do it. I keep saying "it's temporary." I mean, it's only a year and a half more and I will be done. Well, it's more like a year and 3 months. But I get so stressed... I'm an over achiever to the core. I am a perfectionist and it's impossible to meet those standards in this program. It's designed to trip you up. The test are designed to prevent getting 100%. I don't know why they do it, but it's supposed to be extra hard. I got a 99% in one class and a 96% in the other. Good grades by all accounts, but I nearly cried when I got that 96%. I got a 96% on my final and I got a 95% on one of my other tests. That's why the grade was low. I was bummed. I know, I know, a 96 is still good. I should be happy.

But the reality is that I am a perfectionist and that 96 just doesn't sit well with me. I'm working on that. It's too stressful to put that kind of pressure on myself. It's stupid really. I should be happy to be in the top of my class and a 96 is a solid A. I'm working on it. I'm doing the self talk, you know, "a 96 is a good grade. Be happy." That kind of thing, but it's just not working. I'm going to have to be ok with it, but until then, I'm pretty bummed about my 96.

On the bright side, it didn't hurt my chances of getting into the externship site that I want. It's competitive. I have to have a 3.6 GPA or higher to get in. But I'm competing with other people, so I want to have a higher GPA. My goal is a 3.9. We'll see, I may bomb a final and dash that dream. You never know. It's really hard to get the hospital I want to do my extern at.

Until then, I'm doing ok. I love having a low key week at school and I'm looking forward to the week with no real homework. I'll let you know how I am doing when things start to pick up, but chances are, I'll be ready to drop out of school in no time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home