<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Still having a bad day...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Still having a bad day...

Ok, so when you call your wife and she says she is having a bad day, it is not appropriate to say "sorry honey, I'm going out with the guys."

You talk to her and listen. You don't tell her to go to bed at F******* 7pm. That is not helpful. Going to bed at 7pm never helped anyone. Telling her to play with the dog, also not helping.

Bailing on her to go drinking with your buddies... Not Cool!!!!!

My husband doesn't want me to go out with people during the week. The last time I did, he called me and I said I couldn't talk and it turned out badly. He gets all pissy. He wants me sitting at home waiting for his call. But he can, at any time, bail on our nightly phone call to go out with his friends. Does that sound fair?! I have to sit at home and wait for his call, but he doesn't have to call me.... That is F******* bull shit.

It's times like these that I struggle to remember why I got married at all. What good does it do to have a husband that is never there for you... He lives away from home, he bails on me when I need him. What good does it do to have him around at all?

I know I shouldn't feel that way, but this isn't the first time that he has bailed on my bad day to go out drinking with friends. He comes home and tells me he misses me, but when I need to talk to him, he tells me to go to bed early and play with the dog.

Either I'm a very patient wife most of the time and don't normally notice this behavior, or he is really terrible at being there for me. It seems like this happens all the time. When it really counts, he fails miserably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home