<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: My blog is my only friend right now :(

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, March 27, 2009

My blog is my only friend right now :(

My husband is home. But he made plans to go out with a friend tonight. If I push, I'm sure he will let me come along...

Lately, it feels like the only place to vent is in my blog. I have one or two people who listen to me, but the reality is, I have very few friends. Don't get me wrong, I kinda like that. But when your best friend is leaving for a seven months (my husband), it's hard to feel happy about having only one or two friends.

I have tons of acquaintances. Lots of people that I know. People who occasionally call to see what I'm up to or who myspace me, but I wouldn't call them friends. They aren't people to lean on when things get tough. They aren't even people I talk to regularly. I have never been good at making real friends. I'm not good at that kind of thing. I can get along with anyone, but there are few people that I truly like in this world. Tolerance and like are not the same thing. :) I also don't really know how to make friends. How often is too often to email or call? How much is too much information? These are questions that no one has ever been able to answer for me. So I often don't make friends, because I lack the tools neccessary to. That just isn't something I learned on my way through life.

I didn't used to get lonely. I love to read and do lots of solitary things, so I never had a problem being by myself. But now I do get lonely. I met my husband and we became inseparable right away. So I've had my best friend with me all the time for the last 3 years. I guess I've kinda gotten used to it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him gone.

I'm trying to put myself out there. I've thought about joining a club or something, but I've never been good at that kinda stuff either. I have pretty bad social anxiety. So the idea of joining a group by myself just doesn't sound like fun. I'm working on it. I am trying to be more receptive to getting to know people... So far, I've come up with nothing, but who knows, seven months is a long time.

I'm sure I will be fine... School keeps me pretty busy, so that is something.

Who knows, maybe I will meet my new best friend this year and never look back... I doubt it, but it could happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger you + me said...

Most people state their boundaries on phoning, so I wouldn't worry about that. No information is too much information! If they are really your friends, they won't care what you share.

You're a nice girl, Erin. You'll make friends just fine. I've only met you once and I think you're great.

Hang in there! <3

March 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home