<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I hate Tricare!!!!!

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

I hate Tricare!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Tricare is the free health coverage that the military offers active duty members and their families. Oh, and did I mention that I hate it?

I have been dealing with them for a month now with no light at the end of the tunnel. First it was impossible to transfer care. Then I finally did and thought I was free and clear. I went to the Dr an hour early, like they told me, to find out that I didn't need to. They wanted me to transfer my medical records so that my new doctor could treat me, but they didn't wait for the records to get their before taking me back to see her. So I was there an hour early for nothing. But my doctor was nice... SO that was a bonus.

Well, she put in for a referral and it went through just fine. Bonus. But today I logged on to the website to try to make a doctors appointment... Those of you who have read my previous blog already know I've tried with no success. But I tried again anyway. Well, it didn't say I wasn't authorized, no it just said that my doctor isn't available. I tried all sorts of different approaches, even an "urgent care" approach and couldn't get in to see her. Really!!!? The Tricare hand book says that I am guaranteed an appointment within a week. Yeah right. I can't even get in to see her. Never mind that fact that I need a prescription filled. Never mind that I am "guaranteed" health care.

And to make my frustration worse, half their website is down. I can't do any of the things they say I can do online. I have never been on the site when it was all working the way it says it should.

Welcome to socialized health care. This is what it would be like for every American if our government was in charge of health care. I don't think there is a single military person who would recommend letting our government be in charge of some thing that important.

I'm a firm believer in the voting process and checks and balances and all of that. I believe that democracy is pretty great, but I'll say it again, Fuck the Government.

I am so tired of nothing working the way it should and everything being covered with miles of red tape. It's such BS.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I came across your blog when I googled "I hate Tricare" I am an army wife of 4 years. I am 7 months pregnant with our second son, and once again my civilian doctor is telling me that tricare has not authorized one stinkning visit. I wrote a very long, emotional letter over a year ago explaining why I NEVER wanted to be seen at the MTF here (Moncrief Community Hospital at Ft. Jackson). They finally gave me a civilian PCM, and I was authorized for visits with a very wonderful OB. Well, almost 9 months went by between my regular PAP visit and the time that I got pregnant. I went ahead and scheduled visits with the same OB. I later found out that Tricare switched me back to Moncrief with a PCM that noone at Moncrief seems to know who she is. So, my previous OB referral became null and void. I have called Tricare and Moncrief numerous times, shown up in person, called back, etc, etc. Still nothing. It's not like Moncrief even has an OB unit anyway. They can't see me! But now they're telling me I need to attend "Maternity Classes" at Moncrief before I can be seen by anyone! I have a 3 year old and I'm 7 months pregnant, what else do I freaking need to know?!!!! So yeah, small piece of advice, if you can ever afford it, get private health insurance. It won't be happening for our family any time soon, but that's the only solution I can think of to this ongoing Tricare Nightmare. And yes, if anyone voted for Obama, because they think that Government controlled health care would just be so wonderful, then you're completely naive and ignorant. It would be one of the worst things to ever happen in America. I don't know how many of our Chaplains have told us that Prison Health Care is way better than what us lowly military families recieve. -Jennifer M. (Columbia, SC)

April 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home