<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I HATE the military

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I HATE the military

They say they are going to give us health care. It's the least they can do seeing as my husband gets paid shit money to put his life in danger.

So I call to see about my benefits... I can't see my doctors, I have to see theirs. Fine, I say. Where is this doctor? A half hour away on base. Fine I say. Can I see someone else? YEs, but you have to drive to the base to fill out paper work. FINE!, I say. I have to see a psychiatrist. Fine, they say. Can I see mine? Maybe, they say, but first he has to submit paper work and we will see if we like him. Fine, I say. I need an appointment. Fine, they say. Can you be here monday at 1:40pm? Fine, I say. But wait, if you don't carry around copies of your medical records you need to be here at 1pm, so we can get them... Fine I say. I saw my real doctor last week and they said I'm sick. Fine, they say. Will you pay for it? No, they say. Why I say. You need to see our doctor first. Fine I say. Can I still have my procedure? No, they say. Fine, I will see your doctor I say.

Make your appointment online, they offer. Fine, I say . I log on, sign up (which takes 15 minutes because they keep saying it's not the right information). I finally get a password - 14 min 20 max characters, must have at least one capital and one lowercase letter, must have at least one number, must have at least one extra character (!@#4). Fine, I do all of that. I log on, " Make appointment" button is clicked, then a big sign that says "NOT AUTHORIZED".

Really!!!!! Are you fucking kidding me!!!! I can't see my doctor, I can't have my procedure done, I can't see my psychiatrist (without paying a small fortune). I can't get sick because there is no one here to drive me a half hour to my see my doctor. I can't switch doctors to have one closer to home with out approval. I can't even make a god damn appointment. How the hell am I supposed to be treated!!!!!

Everyone thinks that we are taken care of. That it's all ok, because the government will take care of the military and their families. Well, this is what we get. Second rate medical care that we can't afford to begin with and all these hoops to jump through. It's bad enough that I have to see a military doctor. Some joke of a med student just their to get the tuition money, who doesn't really care about you because in a few years, he will be at a real job making good money. No that's not bad enough, they have to make it impossible to get that crappy care. What do they think we will just give up and die of Pneumonia instead of jumping through the hoops to get in to see someone!?

Is it not enough that we are broke? Is it not enough that we can't buy groceries? Is it not enough, that we can barely afford to see the doctor? No, now they have to tie beauricratic red tape around that too.

The Military Blows. Fuck the US Government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home