<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I can hold down a cat, can you?

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Friday, February 6, 2009

I can hold down a cat, can you?

Ok, so today was an interesting day at school.

Animal restraint... Cats to be specific. We've been talking about it for a few days, but today we had actual cats to practice on. What a weird thing to do.

I understand that we will be doing it all the time at work, but most of the cats were really docile. So not really your typical cat in the vets office. But it was fun... We practiced all the different ways to hold them down for various vaccinations or blood draws. Even just to calm them down.

It's a lot harder than it seems like it should be... Ever try to hold a cat down with one hand, open it's mouth with another and put a pill in the back of it's throat? You have to go past the gag reflex, not like you do at home with the pill in the mouth and rubbing the throat, I'm talking all the way down... It's not easy nor is it fun to have a cat biting at you.

Next week we are doing dogs... I bet it's way easier than cats... Cats are true fighters.

I was super nervous about today and feeling really unsure of my choice of career. I wasn't sure I could do it. But having done it, I feel way more confident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home