<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Puppy's Teeth

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Puppy's Teeth

Puppy has all of her puppy teeth still. I know, crazy right? Well, she lost her molars, but her canines and everything else are still there. She was supposed to have them removed when she was spayed, but since the surgery was complicated, they weren't able to take them out.

We waited for them to fall out on their own, but a few weeks ago I gave up and took her into the vet. They aren't even loose. So there is no way they are going to fall out on their own. They aren't causing any problems. Her permanent teeth fit in just fine right behind them. They aren't even starting to rot or anything, but it's time they came out... sooner rather than later.

She is going in today, in about 15 minutes, at 2pm. I'm very worried about it. She reacts so poorly to aenestisia. I'm worried that it will be complicated like last time and her heart will start to waver again. She has a good vet, but I still worry.

This is way I've started brushing her teeth... Sounds silly, but we can't afford to put her under to get her teeth cleaned all the time. It's just too much of a risk. So I brush her teeth once a week. In reality, people should be in the habit of brushing their dogs (and cats too) teeth, it's just good practice to prevent dental disease. But most don't and I was one of those people who never did it to my pets. But now I do...

So that is what's going on with Puppy's Teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home