<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Welcome to Military Life

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome to Military Life

This blog is a two parter...

First part...

Military life sucks. I alway knew that. I never really wanted it, but I said it was ok to marry a Marine because he was in the reserves. That means no moving around, having a normal job (so no crappy military pay), all the perks of military life without the hassell. I love to shop at NEX or AFFES or the commissary. We qualify for VA loans and all that stuff. But right now I am living on military pay because my husband is on active duty to deploy soon. He is living away from home and I never know when I'm going to hear from him or see him again. Soon he will be gone for good and it will be months of waiting for emails and letters that could take weeks to receive. All this, plus he is risking his life, for barely enough to live on. We can barely pay our bills and there isn't enough money left over to go grocery shopping. I am having to look into food stamps and other government assistant just to be able to eat. We can't get a head. We will only ever make just enough to pay our bills and not a penny more. Why do we live in a country that values freedom but won't pay for it? Why is the military alway over looked? Everyone was so willing to pay 700 billion dollars to a bunch of companies that paid their CEO's too much and didn't spend their money right, but no one is willing to pay the same taxes to pay the military a living wage. What is wrong with our country... Did you know we have to pay for his uniform? All those things that are required for him to have, we have to pay for. We have to pay to attend the military ball even though it is a required weekend for the boys to be at. Why doesn't anyone care that our military men and women are broke. They are willing to die for you, but you aren't willing to pay taxes to pay them more. What does that say about you?

Second part...

If it wasn't enough to be broke, barely eating and have the stress of attending school (yes I am still trying to pay for college, thank god for loans that are defered) I have the shittiest friends ever. I have been on my own since December 1st. It is now Jan. 14th. I'm lonely and have no one to talk to. I reached out to a few people. Asked if it would be ok to call them some times, just to talk... They didn't even respond. Not a peep. Can you believe that? My husband is on his way to risk his life and no one even has the time to talk to me. I'm not asking for much... BUt I'm really struggling right now. My husband is gone, I have no money and I live in an area that is fairly new to me. I don't have any friends where I live. I have only lived here for just over a year. I haven't met any new people. Everyone I know is at least an hour south of here and now I can't even afford to drive down to see them. (No one ever drives up here to see me except my mom) So much for true friends. I have a few wives (military spouses) that I myspace. It's nice to talk to someone who understands what it's like. But they all live so far away. It's not like I see them all that often. I think most of them I only see twice a year, once at ball and once at our holiday party. So it's not like we are best friends.

Life sucks right now... We have shitty military health insurance because we can't afford to pay for insurance. It's so shitty, that I can't even afford to see the doctor. That's right, I suffer from Bipolar disorder and I can't afford the necessary treatment to keep in under control. I can't even afford to see a general practice doc.

So I'm stressed about money, stressed about school, broke, hungry, can't afford medical treatment and have no friends.

Welcome to military life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home