<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Way past my bed time

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Way past my bed time

Well, it's 11:28pm and way past my bed time. I normally hit the hay at 8:30pm. The problem? I went to a friends house and had a rum and coke. Not my drink of choice, but it's all they keep around. Now, I'm wide awake with nothing to do.

I took two sleeping pills, which will mean a late morning, but I don't think they are working.

Have you ever noticed how weird it is to be awake when everyone else is sleeping? When I drove home from Ashley's house all the lights were out where I live. It goes to show that we live around responsible adults that don't do much partying in their old age (which is comforting but saddening too). We aren't kids anymore and we bought a house surrounded by other adults. There is no pretending that we are early twenties and lovin' life. We are now mid to late twenties and being grown ups. What a bummer.

I remember a time when 11:30 meant we were getting ready to go out. But now, I'm a grown up who lives in a neighborhood full of other grown ups. And when I come home late, they are already sleeping. It's weird to be the only one up. I feel like I should be extra quiet in case they can hear me or something.

I wish my husband were home. I wouldn't be awake and bored. I would be happily snuggled up in bed watching TV.

I think next time I'm going to have to decline the invite to go out and just sit at home... Or start drinking decaffinated drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home