<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Bad news

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bad news

Ok, so it's not terrible news. Just not really want I need right now.
I recently went to the doctor for stomach trouble. I was nauseous all the time and couldn't function. Of course we made sure I had not buns in the oven, but she still didn't know what it was. She threw out things like "gallbladder function" and "stomach ulcers" but nothing definitive. She gave me some pills and said to see how I feel in a week or two.
Well, the pills work great. No more stomach ache... The catch? She has me keeping an eye on my other stomach issues. A little back ground... I have what they call a "sour stomach". It means I'm nauseous all the time for no reason. I take Zantac for it and it seems to help (well, until recently). But she was asking me questions about reflux and such. I get spasms in my asaphagus and have the sour stomach. I also get reflux... I never paid attention to how often or anything but she asked and I guessed... I guessed about 3 times a week.
Well, I've been on the meds, that are serving their purpous and now I am noticing my reflux. I never paid attention before, I've always had it. But it's happening after ever meal. A lot.
The bad news, my mother is having stomach surgery to correct a hiatal hernia in her stomach. She has all the same symptoms I do only worse. I had never asked her before. The more bad news? My grandfather, grandmother and most of my aunts and uncles have it too.
There is a good chance that I have inherited some of their stomach issues, and many of them have been on meds or had surgery for it.
Bummer. Just when I thought I was healthy with no worries (well aside from my loose filling).
I go in tomorrow to see what tests we have to do to see if I have all this stuff... I'm really hoping they say I'm fine and that I just need to change my diet, but I'm a worrier, and I always worry about the worst that can happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home