<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: I started school

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I started school

I started school this week. It's going really well, except for the waking up part. I'm supposed to get up at 6am but I've been sleeping in until 6:30am. It's been really tough to get going in the morning. I've never had a job or anything that required me to wake up in the morning. I've always worked in the evenings or gone to school in the evening, or afternoon for that matter. My body has no idea what is going on now. I'm so used to sleeping in until I WANT to get up, but now I HAVE TO get up in the morning and it sucks. I wish I had taken evening classes. But at the time, I was planning on working and going to school and my job requires me to work in the evening. So I thought I would do mornings. I'm so glad I'm not working.

I'm currently out on disability, but will probably quit when it's time for me to go back. I'm out for bipolar again, but I just don't think I can work and go to school. I would be working until 10pm, getting home at 10:30pm and not going to bed until 11 or 12. right now, I crawl in bed around 8:30pm and watch tv before going to bed around 9pm. There is no way I could get up in the mornings at 6am if I worked. Who knows, maybe I will get a job that is in the afternoon, but I don't really want to. I'm so tired all the time. I have to force myself to not take naps in the afternoon. It's been a really tough transition for me. I know I will get used to it, but it really sucks right now. All I want to do is sleep, but instead I'm doing homework all afternoon.

The homework sucks. If you thought math and anatomy and physiology were tough and boring subjects, trying reading the text book. Literally, that is what I am having to do. It would be really interesting, but it's not. And the math... Oh my gosh. We are litterally doing basic math. Addition, subtraction, fractions, division. But the catch is we can't use calculators. Who has done any basic math without a calculator since elementary school? And we have to show our work. I couldn't even remember how to do long division. I had to read my math book to remember how. It is painfully dull.

I keep telling myself that it's just for 6 weeks. Then we will be onto the interesting stuff and I'll be doing clinic hours and surgeries and stuff. But for now, it is awful. I can only do homework for a few hours a day, since it's so boring I start to get really tired.

I get back to y'all next week to see if there is an improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home