<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: So Far...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, November 17, 2008

So Far...

Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks.

My husband came home and we took the last two weeks off. We pretty much just hung out at home. But our puppy had to get spayed during this time.

She reacted badly to the anestistia and her heart rate dropped to a dangerous low. They couldn't get it to regulate and had to cut the surgery short. They were going to take out some of her baby teeth because they aren't falling out on their own, but couldn't. They also couldn't sew her up because she was starting to wake up and they didn't want to risk, putting her out again, so they had to staple her. It was really bad. She was in alot of pain for a few days and was bleeding. Her teeth hurt from having them wiggled and stuff so she couldn't eat hard food. It was awful. We were really worried about her. She is doing much better now, though. She is able to get on the couch, though she still has a hard time getting back off, and she is eating again, so that is good.

Also, I had my interview with school to try to get into the Vet Tech program. It was really nerve racking. The interview was supposed to be an hour long, but it ending up being two. The Vet I interviewed with, who is the head of the department, liked me so much she wouldn't stop talking. It went really well, and she kept saying she was sure I was going to be the top of my class. So now I am in the program. I start in three weeks and am getting ready.

What is really nice is that my husband said I could quit my job and just go to school. I'm really scared to do that though. I hate my job, but it's a good job. I get paid well and I have great benefits. I have lots of vacation time and full health coverage that I don't have to pay for. It's scary to leave a sure thing for a chance. I mean, I'm really excited about school, but who knows what can and will happen between now and my time to graduate. My job is a sure thing. I can't get fired and I can take time off whenever I want to. So, as much as I want to, I'm very nervous about quitting.

I'm also kinda stressed because I feel alot of pressure to be the best in my class. It's a very competitive program and I feel like I need to be the best to prove to my husband that he was right to let me quit my job. I know it's silly and it's a lot of stress to put on myself, but that's how I feel. It's sorta a catch 22. If I don't push my self to be the best, I probably won't be, so I feel like I should push myself to be the best. But pressuring myself to be the best is really stressful. I'm trying to find the balance right now.

Until then, I am back to at my job, waiting to start school, and getting ready for my husband to be deployed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home