<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Ball

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ball

Well, this past weekend was the Marine Corps Ball. Every November, we have a huge ball that is a drunken good time.

This year sucked. My husband had drill before ball, so I had to drive over there myself, with another wife, so that sucked. I had to be up super early, since ball is across the state. We actually made good time going over there, but it sucked to have to drive the day of. Normally, my husband and I drive over the night before and hang out, but since he was already there, I had to get up super early to drive. We had a really busy day and everything was going ok. Some of the wives and I got ready together and of course, we had a few drinks before heading out to the actual ceremony.

But this year, things were rocky. First, I got dragged into some really stupid drama. I normally make it a point to steer clear of that kinda stuff, but this year it found me. A marine and his wife got in a really big fight because he was drunk and being a jerk and I just happen to be the first person she saw. So she was sobbing to me about it and I had to calm her down. Well, since I was sorta stuck with her, my husband and another Marine went to talk some sense into the husband. That really sucked. I finally got away after a while, but it was a serious bummer. It almost ruined my whole night.

To make matters worse, my husband was being a complete jerk the whole night. He decided that I had to spend every waking minute with him and wouldn't let me go have fun with the other wives. He normally goes and does his thing with his buddies and I hang out with the wives, but this year he changed his mind or something. He was being such a pain about everything. We ended up leaving our friends to go our hotel room to fight about it.

When we finally got things worked out, I started to feel really sick. I was up all night sick as a dog. I had to wake him up at 5am to take me to the store to buy medicine. The only store that was open was the crappiest WalMart in the world and while we were there I ended up getting sick in the bathroom 5 times. It sucked.

We got up in the morning and met our friends for breakfast as usual, but I didn't feel very good and was sick most of the day.

It was not the best ball ever... And now my husband is saying this might be our last one. I really hope that is not true. I don't want my last ball to be this crappy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home