<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: What a week or so...

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Monday, October 27, 2008

What a week or so...

Well, a lot has been going on the week or so since I last updated my blog.

First off I went to the looney bin... Well it was only during the day, but after eight days it sure felt like I was living there. It actually went really well. I learned a lot about myself and the pit falls of my disease, so it turned out to be pretty helpful. Plus I got my meds adjusted and some added into the mix. Now I'm on quite the chemical cocktail, but it seems to be doing me some good, so I guess it's ok. I'm taking 5 medications now, which is a lot. I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm not doing as many totally crazy things anymore and I'm looking to go back to work this week, so I guess I should be glad they are all working.

The other big thing to happen was that we finally found out when my husband is going to deploy. I'm not at liberty to say, but it is a lot sooner than we had hoped or expected. So now, I'm in a whole new mode of thinking. We have limited time to spend together and I want to make every second count. It really sucks because he is at drill for the rest of this week and was there last week too. I wish there was a rule that said they didn't have to drill leading up to deployment. I know why they have to, they want to be up to date on their training, but they spend the first few months of deployment training. So, I think they should be able to stay home and spend time with their families. I want to see him as much as possible before leaving and all his time is taken up with drilling. It sucks. I miss him more than I usually do because I don't know how much time we will have together before he leaves.

It's very stressful now... I'm trying to keep our house clean, which isn't a big deal, but my dog has been sicks and I keep having to take her to the vet. At first they thought is was a bacterial infection, but now they don't know what is going on. So I have to keep a close eye on her and give her suppliments and stuff. So that is stressful, plus we just moved, so I'm trying to plan our house warming party. The invitations are most of they way ready to go out, though they are going out a little late. But I also have to start planning our holiday party. We do one every year, and this year will be super important since my husband is deploying soon. I want everyone we know to have a few chances to see him before he is gone. We don't live close to anyone, so it's important to have these parties as a reason for everyone to come over... It's hard for us to see people and what not since we live an hour away from everyone we know. So all that has made my life a little stressful.

I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to get through the deployment. I will be an hour away from everyone I know and alone with my dog. I'm going back to school, but I don't know what I'm going to do for fun.

It just all seems a little sucky right now... I'm trying to stay in good spirits, but it's hard when you are going to be saying good bye to your husband for a year. I think it's really good that I got my meds straightened out. I think if I hadn't, I'd be back to the hospital. But for now, things are ok... Let just hope it stays that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home