<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.aboyagirlandthemarinecorps.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle: Moving Sucks, And I love my Apartment

A Boy, A Girl, and The Marine Corps: A Love Triangle

"I cast my lot with a Marine and where he was, was home to me." ~ Anonymous.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Moving Sucks, And I love my Apartment

I really love where we live. We are right in the center of town, and really close to the library. We can walk to a park where our dog can play and can walk into town when the weather is nice. Our apartment is a great size and we love it. It barely holds all of our stuff, but allows us to keep organized, so it's not a big deal. I would rather not accumulate more stuff anyway. 900 square feet of stuff is enough for my taste.

When we were apartment hunting we were in a hurry to move. I couldn't stand living with my husbands mom, she was driving me crazy and our space was so limited. So we looked and found our place and moved. Moving went smoothly since we just wanted to get out of where we were. It sucked a little because my husband went on a training mission for a month a few days later and it was stressful to move alone.

But we got situated and we love it here.

So why are we moving? Our apartment complex is remodeling and is going to start forcing people into remodeled apartments soon. The rent is ridiculous and way over priced for a remodeled home. Plus, with my husband deploying, we get a housing allowance. It seems a shame to waste it on rent, when we could be spending it on a mortgage.

We didn't look for long, for a house. We only looked a few months. I found a townhome that was great and every other place in our price range was sucky. It was a steal and we were worried that we would miss out on it if we didn't put an offer in right away. So we did and they accepted right away. They are super motivated sellers and the house has been on the market for a while. That's why is was such a steal. So we got our house and have been in escrow for about a month. We are closing on Friday and moving on Saturday.

But moving sucks. I hate packing. My husband took the day off of work to help me today and we got alot done, but we still have a ways to go. It sucks to put all of your belongings into boxes. It kinda puts your life in perspective. All we are is what fits into those cardboard boxes. Plus, I hurt my hand, so it takes me forever to do anything and I can't lift any of boxes.

Did I mention that we upped the closing date, so we are moving a weekend early, so now we have hardly any help moving. Everyone is busy. Luckily, my cousin can help, so we should be ok.

But it sucks. I love my apartment and don't really want to leave. If I could buy it and stay put, I would. But since that isn't an option, we are moving. I know it's just up the street, but we won't be as close to everything. I'll have to drive into town and to the library. I'll have to drive to the park now. It just sucks.

Our new place is nice, and we are having new carpet put in this weekend. It's in really good shape and everything, it just not going to be the same. This is the first place my husband and I really shared. It was the first place we lived when we got married. I'm going to miss it alot. I'm sure I will grow to love our house, but until then, I hate moving and am going to miss my apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home